Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 May 2008 11:50:54 -0400
From:         Doug Fitz-Randolph <fitzr@SUSCOM-MAINE.NET>
Subject:      Syncro de Mayo EAST 2008 !!!

Syncro de Mayo EAST 2008 is just around the corner!

This year's dates are Friday May 23 through Sunday May 25. SDMe '08 will be held northeast of Harrisburg, PA at the same venues as last year, that is Rausch Creek Off-Road Park near Joliett, PA, and Red Ridge Lake Campground near Zion Grove, PA

Rausch Creek is a private off-road park built on a 1,700 acre tract of land previously used by coal mining companies and is now being re-purposed for off-roading. The trails are created and maintained by off-road enthusiasts and offer varied surfaces such as mud, rocks/boulders, steep climbs, and standing water. The trails are built wide with several skill levels in mind, and often you will see basically stock vehicles running side by side with extreme modified vehicles trying out a challenge on one side of the trail. We travel as a group and decide as a group on what trails to take, and the layout of the park usually allows you to take an alternate route if your vehicle is not up to a particular trail.

Red Ridge Lake is a quiet, rural campground with heated showers and modern toilets, a camp store, vending machines and several group sites. The campground caters to the off-road crowd and is typically full of groups of 4WD vehicles of all types. Be prepared for the stares of disbelief from Jeep guys at seeing a group of 4WD Volkswagens, and then the envy when they see our accommodations!

All VW people are welcome to come, Syncro-nized or not. We usually have several of our 2WD friends in attendance, and they hitch a ride with someone else for the day on the trails. Families, kids & dogs are welcome, and if last year was any indication, everyone will have a great time!

Visit http://www.syncrodemayoeast.com for more details, plus photos and videos from past year's events. We encourage you to follow the link from there to our Yahoo Group "SyncrodeMayoEste" where you can join in the discussion, ask questions, etc. Also, feel free to p-mail me with any questions you might have.

Hope to see you there!! Doug Fitz-Randolph Freeport, ME '90 Syncro