Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 May 2008 14:05:01 -0400
From:         Walter Houle <whoule@ECSCONTROLS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: Need advice on a van cover...

Bill -

I've used covers for my van made by an outfit called Coast Car Covers out of San Diego. Last I heard their covers were actually made in Arkansas. I've used three different types of fabric over the years. All lasted about 2 to 3 years before rotting thru. The last one I got was made from a fabric called "sunbrella". It's similar to heavy canvas, and it has been great - very durable. I can't tell you how long will last because the van has been garaged for the past 4 years and I only use the cover occasionally now. its over 5 years old now and it still is fine. If you're going to store your van outdoors and keep it covered 24/7 I would recommend spending the extra money for the sunbrella. The other's just won't hold up. If I remember correctly, the light covers were approx. $250 and the sunbrella was $400. Go to www.coastcarcovers.com. Note - I just tried them and saw that they have been sold to a company in Montana.

Walter 85 Vanagon 1.9