Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 May 2008 23:01:35 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: sad engine fire victim, 88 Wolfy

???? Ok, it's maybe my very bad English here but are you talking about the metal Bus's fuel line, the way they where install on Air-Cool engine????? I have work on so many Air Cool engine and all metal fuel line where in PERFECT SHAPE!!! And those stupid engineer went from a great design to a stupid one... ho yea, i see you guys comming, Air Cool engine where somewhat sealed form the outside elements.. still! I have never seen ONE rusted metal fuel line on any Bus's or Air-Cool vanagon! Subaru, come on...!!! Go see any old 2.2L from the 90', please, find some rust and show me a picture, Pleassssssseeee. The only good thing VW did is to use the most reliable and best quality hoses in the world... good thing for many VW Vanagon driver who are not aware that those should be service.

Don't compare the very intelligent fuel distribution of the Subaru engine to the horrible VW one. Again, i will have to show you picture of both fuel rail so you will understand why VW design is so bad and plain stupid.

I have stoped posting about how frigging great those conversions are... but i will never accept to read any comparison or bashing about the Vanaru/Subaru workmanship.

I work 7 on 7, 12hr a day on those van, more than most of you here... i read so many crap sometime that it make me mad.

Here what a'm doing right now: http://www.benplace.com/87_syncro1.htm

If you don't know your stuff think twice before writing.

Instead, for the newby, read this and do what you have to do... and NOT next week: http://www.benplace.com/fuel_line.htm

Ben