Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 May 2008 07:48:25 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Summer camping Wa/Or/Ca?

Shawn, let me say this to encourage your decision. In the last few years I've taken to taking my trips in April-May or right after Labor Day. Or even the dead of Winter down into Arizona/California (one trip). No crowds, light traffic, friendly camp ground hosts and in some cases cheaper rates. And cooler weather. All those combined make for very pleasant travel and camping. Only caveat is weather and the fact that some areas (like Glacier Park last year) start closing up within the first two weeks after Labor Day. But there can be advantages though like geting to Glacier Park just as the first snow was falling and getting a beautiful landscape (and empty campgrounds that would have been elbow to elbow a month before).