Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 May 2008 23:38:50 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Oil, Conservation, Carter & Reagan

Mark, Bernie, ET AL:

REF: Original thread - Re: Gas, milage, etc (was Air Engine)

A White Paper - “Jimmy Carter is No Dummy”

I had thought to drop the subject since it appears we are getting far a field from the original post, but since I was asked on the list if I had gone off my meds, and then asked if I could identify specific Carter programs that Reagan killed, I decided to respond on the list. I do this in part because as Vanagon owners, we all are together paddling a very unique boat, this fuel and energy thing is skinning us alive, and it has some history as to why we are where we are. My apology to all for not getting this back in time to remain totally within keeping of the spirit of open Frydaye. I had to do some research to ensure I had my facts straight. Perhaps Jim will cut me a little slack for bringing this back up I hope so. .I realize that any time that political parties are mentioned, toes can be stepped on. I have tried to state nothing but the historical facts as I see them, all of which can be documented.

This “White Paper” is my response to Mark Drillock and Bernie. I would post it but I don’t want to start an e-mail war on the list. There is nothing bad in it, just a historical perspective. Our list administrator would not tolerate a flame war, and the subject is like I said - a bit far afield at this point. So, if you are at all interested in a good perspective of what has gone on energy wise that has gotten us in the fix we are into day, just drop me a note and I will send “the White Paper” to you.

Sorry, I don’t have a Blog or website that I can post this on. Perhaps someone else might put it up. It would be easier for everyone to read that way.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver