Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 May 2008 20:16:22 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: Propane leak
Comments: To: Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>

Is it leaking where the valve screws into the tank? That slow of a leak I would just let it go until you use it up, then deal with it. If you park in a very airtight garage that might be a problem. If you need to get the tank empty, it is better to burn the propane than to just let it escape.

Edward

At 07:52 PM 5/4/2008, Troy wrote: >Hi folks: > >Just finished rejuvenation my propane tank including a new fill >valve and bleeder. My original shutoff valve was at a slight angle, >so decided to take it off and apply new Teflon paste, and of course >that's the fitting that's got a small leak. One bubble every three >or four seconds with soapy water. Question is, how should I go about >dealing with this? Should I just dissipate all the propane into the >air or let my furnace run for 10+ hrs until I deplete the propane? I >checked the fittings at the propane station, but did not notice >anything until I got home an did a more complete inspection. >Damn! I now have a full tank-- 3.8lbs or so. Any suggestions here >to safely deal with this issue would be appreciated. > >Troy