Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 May 2008 16:33:22 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Solar Panel: Charge Controller & Vents
Comments: To: obeechi@RUNBOX.COM

What are you planning to do in that thing that you think you might need so much juice? I would start out with a 65 or 85 watt panel and then think about a second if that proves to be insufficient. Even then, a Honda EU1000i would probably be a better addition if one panel was not enough.

Mark

Mark C wrote: > I've decided on the Kyocera 135 Watt, the newer KD series, which is 59.1 inches wide (I think earlier version was 56 inches wide). This is as big as I can fit with available roof space (already have two Thule cargo things). > > CHARGE CONTROLLER > Now I'm wondering about the charge controller. Eventually I plan on having as many as four Odyssey batteries (one under reach front seat, and two under the rear seat [which will be a larger size than the front]...). Also, want the flexibility of potentially adding a second 135 watt panel, on special occasions (since the permanently mounted one would be above the driver area [would be nice if it could be tilted], the secondary panel could be put over the front windsheild, which would give it a nice angle, and shade the inside from the sun). > > VENTS > I'm most likely going to mount the solar panel on those newer Thule Racks (I've already checked these out, and they won't be too high nor too low for my hardtop - right now I have Yakima High Risers which were hacked down in size - the newer Thules will be about a 1/4 inch lower, which will be good, even better), does anyone know of any vents that might fit under the solar panel (to the side of the center AC duct)? > > Thanks. >