Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 May 2008 19:18:53 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Showers, was  Solar Panel

I saw a very slick idea for a Vanagon shower recently. The guy had a loose intank Westy pump connected with a hose to a shower wand that had a spring clip. Long wires to a cig plug to power the pump. He just filled a bucket when water was available, set the pump inside the bucket, clipped the wand to the back hatch side opening, and showered under the open hatch. He had a curtain to hang there when needed but they camped remote enough not to use it that often. I will have something similar soon.

Mark

Mark C wrote: > I wear summer weight merino wool (Icebreaker 190) so I really don't need to worry about washing my clothers. Its also important that I maintain compact parking space. For water storage, I'm thinking of using a rear tire thing for the spare tire (though Volkscafe is out of the stainless steel version from Germany), and installing a donut shaped water tank in the area where the spare tire usually goes. Not sure where to find one of these though. There was a guy who was selling his van, and he had this water hose installed so he could shower after surfing. Said he got it from Westmarine, looked really cool. > >