Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 May 2008 23:28:33 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Solar
Comments: To: obeechi@runbox.com

What Interstate batteries? Yes the 386 CL is a basic combiner and will work well with a solar or other charger connected to the house battery bank. With the combiner, you do not need a separate charge line on the solar charge controller.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: obeechi@runbox.com [mailto:obeechi@runbox.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:12 PM To: d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Solar

I've got bigger than stock Interstate batteries under the rear seat with a battery switch (1, 2, 1+2, Off), with a http://bluesea.com/category/2/productline/overview/386 CL-Series BatteryLink™ Automatic Charging Relay, .. I've been looking into which charge controller to get... have concluded MPPT type will be the best. By combiner, do you mean the Battery Link I just mentioned, or something else for solar charging? BTW, I had a http://bluesea.com/category/2/productline/overview/387 SI-Series Automatic Charging Relay but it failed right away.

I'm looking at Bluesky Charge Controllers, and MorningStar has one too...

Bluesky Solar Boost 2000E MPPT Charge Controller 25 Amp, 12 Volt http://store.solar-electric.com/sb2000.html

Morningstar SS-MPPT-15. 15 Amp, 12 or 24 Volt Solar Charge Controller http://store.solar-electric.com/mosumpsochco.html

Then there is also the Bluesky Solar Boost 3024i MPPT Charge Controller 12 or 24 Volt, 30 Amp http://store.solar-electric.com/sb3024i.html with an auxiliary output which can act as a 2 amp auxiliary battery charger "auxiliary battery charge feature is ideal for charging a separate battery such as the engine battery in an RV."

And the Bluesky IPNPRO Remote Display (For use with all "i" models Not for SB) http://store.solar-electric.com/ipredidi.html

Bluesky SB2512iX - Solar Boost MPPT 25 amp charge controller, 12 volt, with IPN full featured http://store.solar-electric.com/sobomp25ampc.html also has the auxiliary battery charge feature

Anyone use any of these?

From: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Solar