Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 May 2008 11:46:36 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: How much should I sell for? (and does anyone want to buy?)
Comments: To: shawn clark <shawnclark77@YAHOO.COM>

You might mention things like color, body condition, which transmission, and total miles on it.

As for selling on the internet - easy to do.......one thing however.......'pictures' . it's almost like it doesn't exist without digital pics, at least a few.

The 'crazy high' price that I've seen for a fabulous 84 Wolfsburg Westy was an asking price of $ 24,500 - that's with special wheels and tires, 'special' 2.5 waterboxer engine, etc. And showroom condition.

I'd say this one, as a wild guess......you might get 5 to 7 thou out of it. 'just needs an o-ring' ......... to me that sounds like the tip of the proverbial iceberg, possibly. Like if the engine has 170K miles on it ....makes it a whole other story.

But 5 K for sure at least is my hunch. Thanks for stating the location ! And given the location, if that's where it's lived most of it's life, rust is probably not very likely on it, always a bonus.

Scott www.turbovans.com