Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 May 2008 13:25:48 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: :more info: How much should i sell for? (and does anyone want
              to              buy?)
Comments: To: shawn clark <shawnclark77@YAHOO.COM>

Hey, did I miss the miles the first time ? 77K is low for sure. And all us non-texans have no idea how far it is from Mansfield to Austin.

Assume you are basically saying 'I can't go and get pictures of it, and I can't get anyone else to do that for me and send me the pics' .........etc.

You will get low ball offers this way, which is only right, because with what you offer , it's just a huge gamble. When I hear 'no battery and 3 tires are shot' ...... I think it's been sitting, possibly with mice living in it . How long since it ran ? If it's been 5 years - who knows about the fuel system, or the brakes, etc. And sounds like perhaps it was 'just driven' though if those are the real miles, not that much damage can occur in 77K miles.

Sounds like a mess the way you present it, I sell vans all the time. I love doing it. THE THING people NEED to know is what they might be getting into. You say.........got these 25 great things, and these 4 issues that I am aware of, and they feel like they know what they might be getting into, Then there may be interest. You should but it on Austin Craig list. Or big texas cites. If the miles are REALLY only 77k, that's worth something.

The 'no title' part is scary. No one wants to drag it home and find out they can't title it. You should put it in your name first, so the title is clean. My guess is you have $ 1,000 in it. I'd advertise it ( if you can't provide more than what you have so far, especially no pictures ) as 'low miles mystery 84 Wolfsburg Westphalia Camper' - and either put 'offers above $ 2,500' or ......your dream price of $ 4,995 or whatever. But so far you are giving prospective buyers just nothing to work with. "I have this van- I don't have it with me, I can't provide pictures, and there's a auction receipt, and I don't know much about it' - you give people very little to go on.

Or just present it as 'mystery Wolfsburg Westy, 77K miles, not much known, a steal at % 1.995' something like that.

Search ads at thesambe.com and on craigslist. Especially thesamba.com And you'll see what sells vans. If you drag it out here to Oregon, I'll give you 800 bucks for it ! Scott www.turbovans.com