Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 May 2008 19:48:56 -0700
From:         Kim Springer <kimspringer@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Synth Fuel

Volks,

I know this will be unpopular, but there is no substitute for burning carbon. It's all buring carbon, it all produces CO2 and it all is a dependency. Go ahead, start making biofuel out of cats even, like a guy in England ended up in the papers for doing. Then you will be dependent on cats. Coal and biomass conversion, it's already being done.

The point is to kick the habit. We're adicts. Make a light weight electric vehicle for most of your needs, be it a scooter or a BugE or even an electric 914. Then install solar panels. I think it's OK to depend on the sun for the next billion years.

You will be less dependent on something that's messy and creates tons of GHGs. Also, I wouldn't worry about the supply of oil. I predict that it's going to get shut off, almost completely in 20 years. At least that's what I'm hearing: a supply cap plan. Make your own plan ahead.

Now that's Vanagon content, Audi content, Chevy content, etc.

Kim

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 7:13 PM Subject: Re: Synth Fuel