Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 May 2008 15:39:52 -0400
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires for 91GL
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>

Mike,

I just put two new Hankook 185R14 on the front of my '90 Carat today. Not too many miles on them but they feel pretty damn good. My local Discount tire didn't carry them and had to order them in ( 5- Business days). If that's the case you might be better of checking Bus Depot - depending on the shipping cost they are much cheaper.

As far as other options - I'm not sure what's out there.

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys/Gals, tried the archives, Wiki,etc and just need consensus on tires > for > 91GL 7-pass. Got an aneurism ready to blow on the front pass side. Has > Michellin 205/70/14 and remember from the list that Hankook may be the one. > See other recs on the archives and really can't sift through it all. No > snow > driving, just sand(beach) and mostly dry or wet South Tx hwy, Gets pretty > hot. Offroad just to fish as necesarry per my RX from DR to fish as much as > possible:-) Probably go thru Discount Tires as they are near and don't want > to blow out on th 90e way. Thanks, Michael. > > -- > Michael in San Antonio > 91GL AT 'Gringo' >

-- Thanks,

Jeff '90 Carat (Grover) '86 (We call this one Parts) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus