Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 May 2008 13:16:19 -0400
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Pwr Steering Rack Maint.
Comments: To: John Goubeaux <john@UCSB.EDU>

It simply unbolts from the end of the rack. That's how you'd replace it, if the rod was bent, or the joint had excessive play at that end. You just need the right size allen wrench to unlock the grub screw that secures it to the rack. See the Bentley, if possible.

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Goubeaux" <john@UCSB.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:29 PM Subject: Re: Pwr Steering Rack Maint.