Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 May 2008 16:18:37 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires for 91 GL
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

Two things, it seems to me they are getting hard to get in C load rating, but easy to get in D load rating........and some find those 'all right.'

The other thing I notice is on D load rating tires, which can also be a trailer tire - the tread pattern isn't very evolved.

Think to get the load rating, they can't go to tricky on the tread pattern. Look at the front tires of big trucks - just grooved slicks basically.

So point is.........perhaps less real traction in a D load rated tire. And that's right - you put enough weight onto them from the vehicle, then things start working like they should. Scott