Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 May 2008 16:38:28 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Best place to put batteries and how to remove rear heater
              core.
Comments: To: Taeke Takeon <taeke.t@GMAIL.COM>

They make it a bit harder to remove the heater than they needed to. The outlet duct sticks through the 'panel' there, If you've got a panel across there, take that out. Then remove heater cover, then heater. If you have a passenger rear seat, not a Z bed or anything, you might have to take out the lower part of the rear set. But it does just come out. , just more fiddly than they could have made it. I mod them a bit so the heater cover comes right off. And the heater comes right out.

for the coolant - the best way is to replace the T junctions ( that supplied rear heater coolant ) under the van , above the trans, with straight-though hose connectors. Metal ones. You don't want those old plastic T junctions in there, even if one leg is blocked off - they just break. - plastic you know - heat and age.

Access is medium bothersome, and it's messy. Have fun ! Scott