Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 May 2008 09:21:13 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagons being called "Hippie Wagons"..
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@gmail.com>

A few days ago i was driving around to add some test miles to my van, with my older brother riding shotgun. It was a beautiful day, so the windows were down and the music was playing. Well as we entered the local park, a large group of say 20 middle school aged childred started giving peace signs and running after the bus yelling things like "Sweet Hippy Bus" and "Wow, look at that", and some even broke out into singing the Scooby Dooo Themesong. Well we made our lap around the park, and as we were coming back that way i was amazed to see all these kids standing alongside the road with their cameraphones out, waiting.

So I turned up The Grateful Dead music, flashed them a peace sign, and went on my way. It was clear that "that hippy wagon" made their day! I've also gotten this response from more than a handful of older people, who see any rear engined VW van (they may not know where the engine is, but EVERYONE can associate the differences between the T3 and T4....), as a "Volkswagen Bus".

The curtains help : )

-Craig '85GL