Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 May 2008 12:37:48 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alignment concern?!?
Comments: To: "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>

Did they say they got it aligned as best they could ? How are the lower arm inner bushings ? 24 years old you know. Never heard of anyone doing them. And I assume all ball joints are good. And I won't even tell you, that I, as a 35 + year professional, what completely incompetent professional front end work I have seen and read about.

I drove an SVX -engined syncro a few years ago, on an old fashioned two lane concrete road. The thing tracked like a brand new car ! Like on rails. The owner said 'yeah, the entire front end is rebuilt."

Could also be your shop just doesn't want to get involved with a vanagon much, but they won't tell you that.

Does it drive right ? 1.5 negative camber does not sound all 'that bad' to me, if that's the 'only thing' - like it drives right, they got it pretty in spec otherwise, and NOTHING IS WORN.

Scott www.turbovans.com