Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 May 2008 21:26:13 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Safety Tips for Women -PS correction
Comments: To: Slloth <slloth@COMCAST.NET>

I'll try to keep it short. Yes, I realized after I sent that last post on this subject, it, it's different for a woman. Much of the same 'in the instant' stuff applies.'

According to what I have read, women who have any chance, or make and effort, to establish any relationship with their raper/attaker, vastly increase their chances of not being raped or at least living though it. Thus the hi, wwhat's your name, would you like to go get a beer ? " That could save your life, and possibly, even possily, the sanctity of your body, it could buy you time while you figure something else out.

You might find it interesting to know there is a US PATENETED device, invented by a woman naturally ........that is an inter-uterine device that takes a DNA sample of the rapist. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Desperate shame to even have to think that way.......bad neighborhoods on weekends I guess, if you have to be there.

I am APPALEED of course at what our society has become. When I went high school, it was utterly UNTINKINABLE.....utterly unimaginable, that anyone would bring a gun to school. Completely unimaginable, and it was decades before that started happening ...........now..........every few months practically, counting malls, colleges, churches et.

This may sound harsh and cold to you, I hope not : Women have suffered emotional trauma for YEARS after being raped. Some never recover - though......success story .............I read a story in a Psychologist's magazine......about a woman who adopted two big fluffy loving dogs.... For support and love...........and she basically recovered completely after a few years . It does not HAVE to be the end of one's emotionally functional life. You may laugh at this...........this might be the first life I have been in a man's body. I may have been a woman many times., I full imaginative awareness of what it is like to have a woman's body. I have a strong feminine side. I met a woman in October, that was insistent, that this was her first life in a woman's body, and had always been a man before - for whatever that is worth to you.

I will also say............. and feeling that I almost died recently from being very sick...........any form of being alive, however miserable , lonely, bored, stressed, even broke, whatever .......is relatively 'nothing' compared to facing death's door, or not being able to take care of yourself and so forth. Never take life itself for granted. When you can see it slipping away, it's a whole other world. Then everything becomes VERY clear : ... there is nothing that comes anywhere near the value of 'just being alive' , regardless of short term trauma, or even long term depression, etc. I don't care if all you can do is lie still and breathe, and not be in too much pain anywhere.........that's rather delightful even compared to the alterative of not existing in this physical plane.

TREASURE each instant you get!!

MANY never get more than a year or two, or 18, or 20, or 30, or 55. People die at all ages. Each second you get is like a million dollars in the bank, once you can glimpse what not being alive could be like.

Nest time that vanagon is giving you endless fits...........ENJOY it, laugh about it. If it was your body in a terminal situation insteakd, you'd give ANYHIHG, JUST ANYTHING, to have 20 vanagons driving you nuts instead, regardless of your gender. You'd gladly lay under the thing in the rain for hours, , trace wires for a hundred hours, anything.........to have the gift of being alive and not sick, and not dying.

Sorry I missed the 'woman' part before. Be well, Scott

Yeah, I know, I'm intense. Sorry ! but not really. Scorpio thing ya know. Love to all.