Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 May 2008 23:25:32 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Noisy fuel pump?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

I've taken mine to mechanics. You know, the old style folk that actually understand how cars work, not the type the just plugs it into the diagnostic machine.

Haven't have a problem finding them either. Broke down in Chicago on a Thursday evening, and there was one just a couple of miles away in Cicero. He worked on it all weekend and had me out the door on Monday by noon.

Around here in DC, I go to a shop in the Virginia suburbs. As long as I can supply them with the proper info, they have no problem at all working on them.

They've had my Westy Syncro for a long block on its SVX for the last few months (most of the delay has been in getting all the proper gaskets, vacuum lines, o-rings, etc...as those were mostly petrified on the JDM engine I got to replace my toasted engine.)

Supposed to get it back tomorrow. Which will make me a very happy camper. :)