Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 May 2008 20:47:26 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: hesitation/bucking (was: Re: tested Oxygen Sensor, and...)
Comments: To: pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM>

Driving with a less than perfect AFM is not likely to hurt anything else.

You have the right idea about making the contact arm rub on a new spot.

I believe you measure resistances at the AFM contacts, And not voltages.

'changing' resistance' ....... when the arm moves, which you move with your finger on the flapper door ......means just that- it 'changes' Changes value.

btw.........if you know what 'accelerator pump' is in a carb.... how fast the sweeper arm moves, is what clues the ECU that the throttle has been opened quickly, and it knows 'ok, more fuel for a second' - an accelerator pump affect, but electronic, not a pure pump system with diagram connected to the throttle linkage or throttle plate. The affect is the same - more fuel for a few seconds when you command a quick rpm increase. Just an interesting thing to grasp about it , if you find it interesting.

Be glad it's not throttle by wire !

There's no particular reason it should look dirty in there. I read hear recently that 'Python' brand rebuilt afm's are $ 175 I think it was.