Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 May 2008 09:22:06 -0700
From:         aatransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Belly pans for speed /mpg

I just put on a decoupler in a syncro the other day and here is his first report..He is on the quest for 30 mph, so we will see... I'm not so sure of his long term numbers,(or even the short term ones) but he has been keeping consistent track of mileage...we will see... I was just figuring the better mileage was that he was heading South from here to Portland...thats down hill isn't it??

<<<From customers email message.....>>> Hey Daryl, Preliminary results: Pre De-Coupler mileage (tested 3 times) = 16MPG Post D/C install = 20 MPG - 65 MPH/I-5 South/130 miles/6.5 Gallons Pleased with purchase. Coasts like til Tuesday.

Cheers, PM

Post that on the site if you like. 30MPG is possible despite science, math or traditional thinking !

Subject: Belly pans for speed /mpg