Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 May 2008 11:23:43 -0400
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Buses by the Beach
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com>

Jeff:

We managed to the buses unloaded and put back in the barn, then crashed. I don't think we sat down once all weekend. What a great time, though!

You forgot to mention that Saturday late night jam with you laying down some cool bass with Stan and Cecil's guitars. Was a coincidence we were right next to the home brew taps and the Kirt's Gyros cooker!? Dave and Ang's Pancake Breakfast was a great way to start Sunday morming, too.

My thanks, too to all that attended and all that helped out. It amazing to see it come together every Spring!

I'll post my pictures on Picasa to share with the group.

On 5/19/08, Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com> wrote: > Well, this report may be a bit delayed but when Patty and I arrived back > home yesterday we went right to bed (I haven't even unloaded the bus). What > a great time!!!!!!!!! It's always a great time at Buses by the Beach but > each time we go it always exceeds our expectations. > > It was so good to see all of our friends again. Great music, great beer, > great food and some amazing buses. The buses once again (5yrs) had more > participants in Saturdays car show than the Mustang club. The ride to the > car show is the best - if you've never had the opportunity to caravan with > 50 other buses (escorted by the fire department) then you're missing out - > how cool that is. There were several real good bands that played over the > weekend and the best company you could ask for. > > One other cool thing was the raffle. There were over 150 great items donated > by many. I won some Hatch struts (thank you Van Cafe) and a set of Vanagon > Alloys (thank you Kurt). There were so many great things and I think most > everyone got something. Thank you Bus Depot, Van Cafe, Larry Chase, Frank > Condelli, Go Westy, Shell Oil (5 $100 gas cards), and everyone else. (I > couldn't possibly list everyone). The money raised by the raffle goes > directly to the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors. > > Also, a thanks needs to go to everyone at the Grand Rogue Campground. It is > a beautiful campground and is owned and staffed by some fantastic people. > > Another treat for me was driving a 1966 Splittie with just under 15,000 > original miles!!!! Thank you Jeff for being so generous and trusting. > I think it's the closest one can get to a brand new Splittie. What a treat. > > Well, I can't wait until next time. It was so great to see everyone again. > For those of you who wanted to come and couldn't make it everyone looks > forward to seeing you next time. > > Thank you Buses by the Beach!! We had a blast as always - I hope you all had > safe trouble free journeys home. > > > > -- > Thanks, > > Jeff > '90 Carat (Grover) > '86 (We call this one Parts) > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus >

-- Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

Pete '79 Westy "Aardvark" '87 Westy "Joe's Van" WWW. Busesbythebeach.com