Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 May 2008 22:31:09 -0400
From:         Peter Young <pyjme@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Skylight installation

I know this is probably in the archives, but I can't get the search to work (keeps timing out) and I need some info on installing a skylight as I am doing a retrofit into my '81 westy. I bought the kit from bus depot and it didn't come with assembly instructions - not too much of an issue because it looks pretty simple. My issue is: where do I put the rubber seal it came with (on the dome or on the van?) and how much do I cut out of the skylight location. It would be nice if the kit came with a template for the opening and bolt holes and included directions on the best way to cut the hole. I would like to tackle this as soon as the weather is nice again in a couple of days. Any pictures anyone has of the process would be greatly appreciated, and measurements of the opening. I got a couple of pictures from online of installed skylights, but they don't tell me much about how big the hole is or if it is shaped any differently than a big square (I assume it's not). Thanks for any help!

Peter