Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 May 2008 23:05:29 -0400
From:         Ryan <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ninja Camping (was Wal-Mart parking lots)

You know back in the Phish heyday (sigh...) I'd clock 4-6 hr naps in all sorts of parking lots and rest stops. Now this is in a car mind you and sometimes in those Virginia rest stops with the prominent 2hr parking signs. I've never been hassled, once on I-64 (is that right?) outside of Richmond the cops came by at 5am to kick all the sleepers out prior to the am traffic. I used to amaze my wife at my ability to sleep in my car. I've probably slept in every rest stop on I-81 in Virginia (i lived in SC for 8 yrs before moving back to PA). At one time I was naive about the gay hangout myths/realities of rest stops and then I saw "Something About Mary" and was told several rest stops in SC were closed due to such "behavior", still it never phased me.... Ahhh memories ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Gilbert" <kggilbert@MYACTV.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:47 PM Subject: Re: Ninja Camping (was Wal-Mart parking lots)