Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 May 2008 09:22:13 -0700
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Re: I4 Engine conversion - german diesel parts source

>If you go 50 degrees you will need some specialized parts, like the oil pan, >oil pump pickup, load bars and motor mounts from a diesel vgon. >Make sure you get and use the thin metal strip that attaches the diesel load >bars together underneath the motor. > >You can use either a diesel flywheel or a Kennedy unit.

Genuine Vanagon used Diesel parts are available from an English speaking Vanagon enthusiast in Germany.

(more diesel Vanagons were sold in Germany than gasoline powered Vanagons)

http://www.vanagon.eu/

Good prices, like $69 for a diesel bell housing. (all Jürgen's prices are in dollars) Shipping is a little expensive, but order all your stuff at once to save on shipping. I just ordered a bunch of diesel stuff from him, very responsive via email....and he even has a US phone number if you want to call him.