Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 May 2008 19:26:55 -0700
From:         Scott Foss - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: I4 Engine conversion - german diesel parts source
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

Well I sure couldn't match that price of $ 69 US for a diesel bell housing..... but what is the shipping, and what is the time factor from Germany ?

I tend to keep these parts anyway. If I made a 'real list' of what parts you TRULY need for a real 'diesel kit' ..........a full and complete Diesel Vanago-based engine mounting set for diesel or inline VW Four gasser.

it's about a dozen to 14 main pieces, and about 36 bolts or fasteners, which NOBODY supplies with their so-called 'kit'........ or what they claim is an 'everything you need' kit. I have yet to see an offered kit that want' missing stuff, or filthy dirty, or rusted, or ........whatever, and I've been dealing with this stuff since 1992. One US supplier...........who can supply a lot of pretty good kit - tells me the guys he knows in Germany that he buys the stuff from - that he grew up with since they were kids, and those guys want another 100 Euro's to supply all the fasteners - that was 10 months ago and he said 100 Euro's was 140 dollars. So he elects not to get the nuts, bolts and fasteners.

I say there has to be a law that all junkyards MUST throw away all the fasteners. I mean, it's REALLY hard to put the bolts back in the holes isn't it ? (sarcasm obviously ) But good luck. There is just a lot more to a 'true real and complete set' than most people realize. - or that vendors or private parties will tell you, or maybe they just don't really know. So be careful- is one thing i am saying. I 'could/should' have a true list of ALL the parts in a real kit on my website - but first I'd have to re-load Dreamweaver, figure out how to upload stuff again, and spent time doing it (which is actually fun ) .............and i need more time !! Or put such a list in the files at dieselvanagon yahoo group or something.

scott www.turbovans.com

neil N wrote: > Hey that's neat. > > Thanks for posting that Paul. > > Neil. > > > > On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Paul Guzyk <paullist08@guzyk.com> wrote: > >>> If you go 50 degrees you will need some specialized parts, like the oil >>> pan, >>> oil pump pickup, load bars and motor mounts from a diesel vgon. >>> Make sure you get and use the thin metal strip that attaches the diesel >>> load >>> bars together underneath the motor. >>> >>> You can use either a diesel flywheel or a Kennedy unit. >>> >> Genuine Vanagon used Diesel parts are available from an English speaking >> Vanagon enthusiast in Germany. >> >> (more diesel Vanagons were sold in Germany than gasoline powered Vanagons) >> >> http://www.vanagon.eu/ >> >> Good prices, like $69 for a diesel bell housing. (all Jürgen's prices are in >> dollars) >> Shipping is a little expensive, but order all your stuff at once to save on >> shipping. I just ordered a bunch of diesel stuff from him, very responsive >> via email....and he even has a US phone number if you want to call him. >> >> > > >