Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 May 2008 11:50:25 -0700
From:         Steven P Smith <kewsps@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trouble with '85 1.9l wasserboxer in Europe
Comments: To: Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>

Martin, Could be a distributor problem. The primary wires (not spark plug wires) going into the distributor crack and short to the distributor body, randomly. Will run fine and then very badly. Took me a couple of years to find this problem on my '84 1.9. Take the dist cap off and maybe you will be able to see bare wires where they go through the distributor body.

Perhaps a little tape can get you going for a while, I don't know. I replaced the electronics (hall sender?) in my distributor and have not had that type of problem since. Good luck, Steven

-------------------------------------------------- From: "Poppie Jagersand" <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA> Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:08 AM To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Subject: Trouble with '85 1.9l wasserboxer in Europe