Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 May 2008 22:40:50 -0400
From:         Jay Brown <badkarma@TTLC.NET>
Subject:      Re: 2nd try - Bostig 2nd Gen Zetec Kit
Comments: To: scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM

Hi Scott,

Actually that wasn't the first "in person, in real time, actual" report you had heard about the "near mythical" Bostig Zetec Conversion, we emailed back and forth a few times about mine last November/December. I am pleased to report that after several thousand miles on my conversion I am 100% happy and have experienced zero problems with any part of the Bostig setup.

I am currently getting 19-21 MPG with 87 Octane fuel running the "Power" tune on my Bostig v1.0 install. I could certainly do a bit better on mileage if I tried to, but I tend to let my right foot get the best of me most of the time since I did the conversion.

There is no need to go to higher octane fuel with the Zetec unless you are running the supercharger or the turbo. Of course if you wanted to run ethanol instead there is a tune available for that as well. It would probably take me about 30 seconds to load the E85 tune with the SCT reflasher.

Regular unleaded in NH this morning was $3.89 at the 3 stations in my town.

The new v2.0 setup is definitely the cats pajamas. I will most likely be upgrading mine to the new setup when the upgrade kits become available in a few weeks. Not that I really need to, it's just way too cool not to...

I think it has already been cleared up, but the total cost for the new Bostig v2.0 kit is $4,175.00. This includes all of the conversion hardware, but does not include the following:

Engine - Zetec 2.0L DOHC (2000-2004) - Mine was $450.00 with 10,500 miles. Alternator - $50.00 Power Steering Pump - $40.00

My Bostig conversion took me about 15 hours to install working alone and came in at a little less than $4,900.00 total including all fluids and new serpentine and timing belts, which were too cheap and easy not to do while the engine was out.

Enjoy, Jay Brown '85 Zetec Westfalia '72 Riviera http://www.geocities.com/vwcamper72

Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:34:34 -0700 From: Scott Foss - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

great Jim, I like the sound of this.

but I am also currious, as Bryan asked................... what fuel

milege can be expected ?

oh, and on what fuel too please -

regular, mid-grade, or premium. ?

what is your regular there price any way ?

here it's right at $ 3.99 per gallon, and it's 10 % ethanol.too.

scott

turbovans

Southern Oregon