Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 May 2008 20:33:30 -0700
From:         Scott Foss - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ethanol..Corn only?
Comments: To: Robert Fisher <garciasghostvw@GMAIL.COM>

yes and no. depends on where he has to store it. Gaoline is not exactly a bomb waiting to go off., and sure it takes awareness and care. and for sure.........like in a stored in a shed, and a fire starts for any other reason .......... they whole neighborhood could go up. I'll bet if you call the Fire Dept in many cities and ask them if you can keep 30 5 gallon cans of gas in your basement or back yard shed....... there just have to be laws against that in a lot of places !

I don't think it's tecnically illegal to drive with 30 Jerry Cans of gas in the bed of your pickup - a real hazzard in a crash........ and that would be interesting to look into. ( mostly..........it's easier to just discretely do what you want and don't tell anyone - but for SURE..........if a whole naighborhood in a city went up becasuse some yahoo had 150 gallons stashed .........oh boy. Some lawyers get their hands on that......ouch !

maybe it was just for his power boat and he was going to put it right into the boat tanks.

I've had a propane refilling station harass me about carrying a porpane cylinder inside a car- said it had to be in a pick-up bed outside or similar set up.

Robert Fisher wrote: > So, transporting all that gas in an open pickup bed on busy residential > roads doesn't rate mention? How 'bout storing it in a residential > neighborhood? Where do you supposed he stashed it when he got it to his > house? BTW the temps here that week were hovering around 100. > That's completely discounting the bad math involved in buying all those gas > cans. > It's a wonder the station let him do it, I wonder what their liability would > be in that...? > > Bad situation all the way around. > > Cya, > Robert > > On 5/27/08, Scott Foss - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > >> OK, who is informed enough to know what is wrong with doing that ??? >> >> x >> x >> x >> x >> x >> xx >> x >> x >> Answer.....................due to fire hazard from the chance of static >> electricity-indu ced spark, all gas cans should be filled at the gas station >> with the gas can sitting on the ground. !! >> >> I asked an attendant ( in Oregon you never get to pump your own fuel- >> there's a law about it ) the other day when i was getting a gas can filled, >> if he know about this - he did. >> scott >> turbovans >> >> Robert Fisher wrote: >> >> About a week ago I saw a guy at the gas station at the end of the street. He >> was in a full-sized pickup; he had filled the entire bed with brand-new >> five-gallon gas cans and he was in the process of filling all the gas cans. >> >> Bizarre. >> >> Cya, >> Robert >> >> >> On 5/27/08, Scott Foss - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: >> >> >> The only place 'real gasoline' is aviable right now in Oregon is at bulk >> fuel supply places. >> and it goes into a gas can or 55 barrel in teh back of your pick-up, I >> believe,. Yu can't put it right into your tank. >> >> fer sure., real gasoline would be MUCH better. if that , there is no >> doubt. Ya just cain't git it rat now is all. >> Guy told me in California the pumps say 'May" contain up to 10 % ethanol. >> I think ours might say 'contains 10 % ethanol' >> >> scott >> turbovans >> >> John Rodgers wrote: >> >> >> >> A new farm bill recently passed is going to make a lot of BIG CORPORATE >> farmers richer. The little family farmer - no so. This is all about the >> power of corporate America to get what they want. The rich have to be >> bought off before the little guy gets his chance. The whole thing sucks. >> >> BTW, with 10% ethanol you ain't getting what you are trying to pay for. >> The price of fuels keeps going up, but that dab of ethanol in the tank - >> it will lower your gas mileage per gallon. So though we are paying more, >> we ain't even holding our own on the gas mileage. If you can find the >> straight stuff (gasoline) burn the straight stuff.! >> >> John Rodgers >> 88 GL Driver >> Scott Foss - Shazam wrote: >> >> >> >> Well Don ! >> I think you NAILED IT - obviously our fuel should be 10 % Rum !!! >> >> But i think you have the general gist of 'the problem' regarding >> congress mandaated corn to make fuel....... >> And as i saw in a political cartoon about ethanol - >> I think it's making a lot of farmers rich right now too, or the new Farm >> Bill will. >> >> it's expensive to make, >> and it makes food prices go up. >> ( and there was a 3rd slam on it, but i forget what it was just now ) .. >> scott >> turbovans >> >> Don Hanson wrote: >> >> >> >> This talk about Ethanol mixed into pump gas. Can one only make >> Ethanol from >> Corn, or does any fermenting plant produce it? Did I imagine reading >> somewhere that our Gov. decreed corn to be *the* designated >> bio-source for >> ethanol over other plants that might be more productive when turned >> into >> 'go-juice'? Like sugar cane, sugar beets, etc? Seems like using >> only corn >> is a waste, since corn is also a pretty widely eaten food source for >> humans, >> while cane and beets just make sugar, mainly...and rum... >> Hmmm..maybe Rum is important to those Oil Boys who are in charge >> right >> now... >> VW van content: Back in my Split window Hippy Van days, we used to >> make a >> home brew we called "Pineapple Swipe". Took only a few days to get >> pretty >> strong, so we'd mix up a batch when we left on a long surfing trip, >> stash it >> in the back of the van and later on throw a big party..."Pineapple >> Swipe" >> because we often swiped the base ingredient: pineapples...Little >> criminals >> and hooligans that we were (are?) >> Don Hanson >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > >