Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Jun 2008 19:45:10 -0700
From:         Neil2 <vidublu@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: No Vanagon Content, yet
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@eoni.com>

Well now I didn't mean me bro penned it! :-) I wondered why there was silence after I posted the funniest thing I've ever read. Now I do feel like a non-qual 'round here!

On 6/7/08, Jim Arnott <jrasite@eoni.com> wrote: > > This would make about the 12th time that Peter Egan's April 1996 Side > Glances column has been posted to this list. > > From <http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Workshop/Definitions.htm> > > These hilarious automotive tool definitions have been floating around on > the Internet for some time now with no credit to the author. Sensitive to > such things because people have plagiarized and out-and-out stolen stuff > that I've written, I decided to track down the author. Much to my surprise > and pleasure, it was none other than Peter Egan, one of my all-time favorite > automotive writers. This piece originally appeared in Road & Track, April > 1996 in Peter's column, Side Glances. The original column has a half-page > introduction and some additional definitions, so I recommend you try to > obtain that issue of R&T. It was also reprinted in the book, Side Glances, > Vol. 2, 1992-1997 by Peter Egan, published by Brooklands Books Ltd., a > wonderfuil collection of 66 or Peter's columns. > > Jim > > > On Jun 6, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Neil2 wrote: > > Me bro sent this to me earlier this week and I've been saving it for the >> NVC >> nazis. :-) >> >> >> DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat >> metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and >> >>

-- Neil '82 Diesel Westy Duckie