Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:44:31 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Violated - LVC but Vanagon related
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com>

Drag man.

But what great timing. Getting to see the sob arrested!

Hopefully there wasn't too much else damaged.

Cheers,

Neil.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com> wrote: > Well, it finally happened. I came out of work yesterday afternoon to see > that my bus had been broken into and ransacked. Got my check book (which I > normally do not leave in there) and destroyed my XM radio trying to yank it > off the dash. I've worked here for 11 years and never felt the need to lock > up - actually I'm glad I didn't have it locked. > > The good news is I arrived just after the incident happened - it had been > reported already because he hit a couple other cars around the corner - and > I got to watch the a$$hole get arrested. So I got my checkbook back. I'll be > requesting that the prosecutor go for restitution to replace my XM unit. > > Luckily there was no damage to Grover. > > Could have been a lot worse but boy it still ticks me off. The kicker is > that the guy works (well worked) at the coffee shop next door. So he has > seen my van there everyday. What a jerk. So much for having a sense of > community. > > -- > Thanks, > > Jeff > '90 Carat (Grover) > '86 (We call this one Parts) > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus >

-- Neil Nicholson '81 JettaWesty "Jaco http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines http://web.mac.com/tubaneil http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/