Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:02:33 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: I'm thinking about going to gas

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Well, if the 82 conversion Westy is any good for the price, that will save you a lot of work. But then if you don't mind work and saving yourself the 3 K,&nbsp; get a 2 liter ABA to replace your Diesel engine. These can be had cheap and the 2 liter has more power, torque, and will last longer than the 1.8. &nbsp; The 2 liter (93-99 Golf Jetta) has a crossflow head but you can use a 1.8 head on it . I have for 8 years and no problems, engine now has over 230,000. Still runs good after 8 years but uses oil , but then I towed Vanagons a couple thousand miles with my Westy. Still, I am amazed this engine is so tough. &nbsp; I went thru 2 1.8's within 4 years . &nbsp; Robert 1982 Westfalia &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;