Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:57:17 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      propane valve leak
Comments: To: warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM

What I'm calling the control valve has been referred to by other people as a shutoff valve. Basically, what turns the gas on and off. Opposite the end that leads to the regulator is what I believe to be a overpressure valve. Mine is covered in blue plastic. It's just a plastic cap. This is where the propane appears to be leaking. Now that the temperature has cooled down, it has stopped leaking. I'm guessing because I just had a fresh fill up that the propane expanded in the heat, and perhaps caused this valve to open. That's my theory at least, was just looking for some confirmation. I guess if it goes away as I start to use propane I have my answer too. Meanwhile, I am plugging in my propane alarm in the garage.

Troy