Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:50:28 -0700
From:         roger sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      A friend bought a NEW Camero Z28 in the midst of the first oil
              crisis

What moxy! What gas guzzeling audasity! The rest of us were all wondering where we were going to get our next tank of gas and he comes home with a new 1974 Z28. You know he got the best deal anywhere on that car. I always liked those aluminum bumpers and Z28 wheels. He never let me drive though.

Well, that crisis blew past and so will this one. I think the Pres just did it this morning. It seems that the extrodinarily high gas prices are speculator driven and have room to fall to where they should be. The president just gave it a kick: east and west coast off shore drilling,ect, ect( I can see oil drilling derricks off Ocean City now) Just the hint of additional oil and actual plans in motion are enough to reverse this unsubstainlable, insane spiral Economist ( not my son the economist) say that real prices should be between $80 and $100. Specualtors are a nervous and unfaitful lot.They pull their money at the first sign of trouble. Trouble that means they may make less than 1000 Percent on their money.Can't blame the investors. Who would walk away from a fool and their money. Don't want to be in bad company. They are just doing what investors do. Obama would want to just talk to them.

My son says nuke Iran and hold buckets out to catch the oil.

Keep your Vanagons, and keep the hope alive, as lower prices are-a-comming.