Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:37:04 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Driveline noise under load ??
Comments: To: Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>

First, make sure all the CV bolts are tight. Then in a big parking lot, pull the steering wheel to the stops and drive in a tight circle, first one way, then the other. If you have CV bearings about to go, they should knock. under that kind of pressure. Next check the wheels - is every thing really secure - bolts to torque. Finally, pull the drums and have a look at the brakes. If all is well, the only thing left is the transaxle. I don't have any suggestions there. Maybe some of the other Volks do.

Good luck,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver Chelsea, AL

Paul Guzyk wrote: > I'm driving a friends 87 Westy, trying to figure out where driveline > noise is coming from. > > There is a noise coming from right rear area whenever throttle is > applied. However, when I let off the gas, the noise goes away (or at > least gets much much quieter). Engine runs fine, noise must be > coming fron transaxle, driveshafts, wheel bearing/brakes. > > Anyone seen these symptoms? Where should I start looking? > >