Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:51:16 +0000
From:         Todd Last <rubatoguy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Thinking of switching to Gas.? (response from digest mode)
              Not much Vanagon content
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

You are making a fatal error if you are assuming that smog rules in California make sense. Remember the mandated 'low poluting fuel' which contained carcinogen MTBE and caused vehicles to get 1-3 mpg LESS.

Lets not forget the governor's changing the existing law to mandate smog testing for vehicles older than 25 years old. Negligible change in polution - but it looked good for the environmental groups.

California's smog rules are steeped in politics, not common sense.

I know, I used to live there.

Todd '88 Westy

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>