Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:36:54 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Syncro bad handling problem
Comments: To: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

clean thats all i have to say, good workmanship!

Joe -----Original Message----- >From: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA> >Sent: Jun 26, 2008 8:18 PM >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Re: Syncro bad handling problem > >I have been busy trying to save that ugly van from a certain death: >http://www.benplace.com/alain87.htm >And that in between 2 conversion.... i should not have venture in that >conversion business (i Hate you Hans)... men, it's getting crazy (or S for >some of you) > >Anyone need work? i have plenty!!! > >Anyway, where was I... Syncro! what the heck is a Syncro... >I should be more aware, i may buy that very rare one soon: >http://www.benplace.com/ns2007/subi_ns2.jpg > >I will put big tire on it... he he he, very big, and mabe an SVX twin turbo. > >So where was I. Ok, JP Syncro... i agree, or not, maybe... > >I have the solution, remove the interior, put back some nice 14in tire, >remove that thing in the back and put it in the front, that thing, the tire >carier... Tire should not be under a Vanagon??? in the front??? > >I should also try to fit the engine in the front... where the tire was before... > >Ok, where was I? > >I need more time, this is what a need. > >Ok, so next step will be to... get a beer. Ok, i got my beer. > >Ok, align that van first... or put some shims in the back first? Or align >and test, put shim and align again? Align, new spring, shims, air stuff, >turbine, or remove tire carier, ladder, swap tire and put more air in the >back, put 14in in the front and 16in in the back? It must be the engine.... >i'm sure the extra 90 pounds is THE REAL problem... let's go back to >2.1L...that IS the solution, i'm so sure now.... :-) > >Ok ok ok ok.... no choice, align that thing first, try the van and see if >1/2 of you where right! If not ok, i will had shims in the back and that >will solve the problem. I just know! The van is sitting low in the back and >i don't need a scale to know that it's heavier in the back. The custom >interior (nobody commented on this one????) feel a bit more heavy than the >stock one, the tire carier and the Subi engine just add more weight. So it >is heavier in the back. > >BUT!!!!! you all know i did this van lately: >http://www.benplace.com/87_syncro2.htm > >And it WAS NOT unstable at all!!! so i'm not sure about that weight thing! > >But I did the suspension on this one, and did not on JP's van so maybe >something is dead wrong somewhere in there. The other shop should have seen >something?? or maybe not! > >What i didn't tell you and JP does not agree with me ( he is a fiend also so >i can bash him a bit) is when i tested that van last fall after the Subi >engine... i scared myself on the freeway wile i did this test! So for me, >that van always been like that! > > >i don't know. It's killing me. HELP! > >Ben

Have a nice Day :)