Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:21:24 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Advice on BMW project car (NVC)
Comments: To: Ryan <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>

hi. are the miles really high on it ? price is right , go for it. expect parts for it to be expensive, that it'll be hard to work on until you get used to it, and that special tools might be needed sometimes. I consider them delicate. A far, far better new car than an old car. Shame too - 12 to 15 years old and it's on the 500 dollar or less list already. Someone likely drove it as though it was a Toyota or a Ford. - ie. .........mostly 'just drove' it.

but then maybe it was well cared for and this has just this one simple problem. in any case, it'll be a great experience. scott the 3 series BMW is a legendary car btw .........a regular 325i is not the hot model like an M version.............but they are legendary among mid-size sports sedans. Likely even totally clamped out it will have outstanding handling and balance.

it'll be a steep learning curve too possibly bedore you understand the car from a mechanical and electronics repair point of view. I just get the shop manual, join a yahoo group or two, and get spare fuel injectioni compenents out of pick-n-pull junkyards............until I have a 'whole infratstructure' to support a particular car project like this one. before you know it ............lol................there'll be a parts car you want !

They are such good cars they can be additive- but they are demanding financially to own and repair, generally speaking. Read some road tests on the 325i - they always rave about it. scott www.turbovans.com

ok ok if you don't want it, it'll take it - - no, no no ! I have way too many cars and vanagons already ! If the engine blows on it, see if you can get a diesel inline six out of the 5 series car that came with a TD engine, if you are a compression ignition kinda guy.

Ryan wrote: > Taking advantage of a friday here.... > > Got a line on a mid 90's BMW 325i with a supposedly bad head gasket, > all I > know is that it can move under it's own power and I checked it out on the > outside and the body is in pretty good shape and the interior isn't bad > either. Supposedly the chick wants $500 but may take considerably less. > ($$ probs) My wife is hot to have a BMW and she seems enthusiastic over > this project. This wouldn' t be for bread and butter transportation. > What > cha y'all think? > > What are some good samba/vwvortex like resources for these cars? Oh yeah > she'd not even advertising the car for sale. > >