Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:54:41 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: My 1st post- Re: The Energy Non-Crisis
Comments: To: Scott Dempster <scott@venturawarehousegroup.com>

On 6/27/08, Scott Dempster <scott@venturawarehousegroup.com> wrote: > > Nicely said there Mr. Felder. (Any relation to Don?) > > I just came over from the only list I knew (Karmann Ghia) and Jim Felder's > description of things here makes me wish I would have checked it out > sooner. > > I purchased a 90 weekender a couple of months ago and love it. For the past > 20 years I've been in the business of supplying parts for vintage VWs > through Airheadparts and Karmann Ghia Parts and Restoration Now, with my > Vanagon I have a little fire stirring, like I did when I first got into > Ghias. (I know there will be acquisitions of "Two Timing" from some on the > Ghia list, so let's keep this between us). > > With the help of this group, I hope to accomplish two things. > 1. Get a better feel for my new fancy. > 2. Help with anything that is currently; hard to find, of poor quality, or > over priced. (I manufacture about 800 parts currently, mostly Bug and > Ghia). > > Thanks, > Scott Dempster

Scott,

Welcome to the group. I've been prodding Jim to persuade you guys to get more involved in Vanagons for years. Perhaps this is the best way for it to happen yet.

I may have even met with you on my many trips to Bug-O-Rama in Sacramento. Bought a few things mostly what stuck in my mind is a same-side out intercooler for dirt cheap. Perfect for Vanagons.

Anyway, welcome again. I hope your Vanagon breaks down enough that you start making more parts for it. =)

Cheers,

BenT

----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jim Felder" <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 9:47 AM > Subject: Re: The Energy Non-Crisis > > > Well, it was on youtube, so it must be true. There have been so many >> opportunities recently to discuss all of the big issues of our day--like >> energy and and climate change--and every so often one of these >> opportunities >> makes it to this list, where the request comes from Jim the Moderator to >> take it off. And so it should be. >> I am as bad as anyone and worse than most about getting sucked into these >> discussions. Shooting down liars and hypocrites is easy and fun. It's one >> of >> my most enjoyable pastimes. And I love discussing things with this group >> not >> because I expect agreement, but because it's the only list I've ever been >> involved in where virtually everyone is civil and more-than-less mature. >> So >> naturally it's more fun to discuss, say, peak oil here than elsewhere. >> >> But, it just doesn't belong. There's nothing in this about vanagons >> whatsoever, except in a very derivative way that doesn't come close to >> passing the so-what test. So, with the arrogance of a reformed crack >> addict >> telling other people not to do crack, I'm writing to say that however >> tempting, we shouldn't discuss this here. >> >> If anyone wants to start a discussion group for such topics, and invite >> only >> vanagonauts to it, I'll be the second one to join. >> >> Jim >> >> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:56 AM, The Westy man <zolo@foxinternet.net> >> wrote: >> >> Let's see what the List says about this >>> >>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147 >>> >>>

-- BenT