Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:12:23 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      RE; Advice on BMW project car (NVC)

Those are nice cars, a little big, but pretty simple and easy to manage. Very fun to drive, too. The BMW four is a little torque-er and they handle very nicely. Go for it. I have, in my family, a 2002 that was my favorite car..Big trunk, back seat, comfortable and quiet...it used to be, anyhow, before my wife 'confiscated it' for her own personal use. Now it's all rusted out, has hay and dog hair throughout and all kinds of little 'surprises' from some years of total neglect. As someone said..lots of similarities to the Vanagon..Oh, you will be able to find it at the supermarket, too. They don't look like the generic sedans. Has anyone else noticed the Giant Sized SUVs seem to be fewer around town? Now, rather than seeing 7000lb king cab Dodge Cummins pickups and Denlai 'giaganta-mobiles' heading out of the supermarket with a $50 bag of groceries for tonight's din-din, I see the smaller ones like the Pathfinders and the ....shudder...Aztec.. Don Hanson

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:30:39 -0400 From: Ryan <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM> Subject: Taking advantage of a friday here....

Got a line on a mid 90's BMW 325i with a supposedly bad head gasket, all I know is that it can move under it's own power and I checked it out on the outside and the body is in pretty good shape and the interior isn't bad either. Supposedly the chick wants $500 but may take considerably less. ($$ probs) My wife is hot to have a BMW and she seems enthusiastic over this project. This wouldn' t be for bread and butter transportation. What cha y'all think?

What are some good samba/vwvortex like resources for these cars? Oh yeah she'd not even advertising the car for sale.