Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:07:49 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Oil Crisis - or not?

Given that we are dependent on oil for our vans, and oil has such a terrific impact on so many aspects of life in the US, I am repeating the link to video about

"The Non-Energy Crisis"

The content of that video should be fully digested.

And, here is a related link

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/06/28/oil-barons-continue-to-rape-u-s-economy.aspx?source=nl

I have owned three fairly large businesses in my life, and I will tell you, in the competition of business, every single one does exactly the same - manipulate the markets as much as possible to maximize profits. Competition has some effects in keeping price gouging at bay. But in those areas where products or services have little or no competition, particularly in the arena of essential services or products such as fuel, the only limits are those imposed by governments. Because consumers have no power there - they either buy at the sellers price or do without - there is no control, and with products that are traded in international markets it gets even worse - it becomes a rape of the consumer by the powers that be. That is what is going on right now with oil.

Read the two articles, and gain more insights, but as always, draw your own conclusions.

Heavy commentary on the list about this is specifically not requested and should be avoided. As I said, draw your own conclusions. I provide the links only for your use. Hit the delete key if you care not.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver Chelsea, AL