Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:29:19 -0400
From:         David Milo <dellaone@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      1988 Auto Trans 7 Seat Vanagon FS in Franklin PA 16323
Comments: cc: craig cowan <phishman068@gmail.com>

"For Sale: 1988 VW Vanagon with inoperative automatic transmission (only reverse gear is operative). 78,000 miles total on van. Engine runs well, no leaks after sitting for a few weeks". The seller is moving back to Georgia at the end of the month (Monday?) and does not want to have to take the van back with him. He would like $1000, but in light of the current tranny problem, is very willing to negotiate.

(Disclaimer: I have not seen this van in person; I have only spoken with the seller on the phone a few weeks ago after he bought it. He contacted me because I am relatively nearby on the Vanagon rescue list. He has been unable to find a transmission shop willing and able to rebuild the tranny. He no longer has time to deal with it, and needs to sell the van. Please don't ask me what he has tried diagnostically; it would appear that the input selector works, and it is topped up with fluid.)

The seller's name Is Lee Polk. If interested, you may contact him at:

fisharrow1@yahoo.com

The seller sent me pictures Saturday night, you may view them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetstar5224/sets/72157605875978590/

Thanks for the bw,

Dave Milo