Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:07:51 -0400
From:         Ken & Sue <kensue356@WOWWAY.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is there anything better than POR-15 Out there??
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>

Serious rust removal ?

Try RUST MORT. I get it for about $20 a quart. I see it go for much higher. Great stuff. Try and clean up rusty spots first. brush on with paint brush or spray on. Let dry. Reapply 2 or 3 more coats. Metal turns black.I did my Porsche 356 C gas cap which is very rusty. Its kinda shinny metal turned rusty. I used Rust Mort on it and let it set up . Did this several times. It turned like old flat black primer. I thought , that's a bummer. I took Chrome cleaner with a scrubby pad, man tht ever shine up almost like new. I sprayed it with clear. I love it. I am SOLD. I will never will live without it. Now, I am RUST MORT and POR 15 crazy. You gotta hold me down. Your can prime over it and paint. You can put POR 15 over it. Thats a good way to go. Did you know that on surfaces you can put POR15 on with a paint brush and it dries smooth? No paint brush strokes. It does not fill up holes or pitts. Buy POR 15 putty in a tube for that. Great stuff. Good luck. I was successful. Hey, I will use this stuff even when I die. I will Por 15 my casket so that it will never rust out. Ha! It justa bout beats sandblasting. What a mess that makes all over the place not to mention it getting into everything like Jack R.'s 84 westie engine seals. Double bummer.

Ken Rogers ----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Wellhouse" <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 3:58 AM Subject: Is there anything better than POR-15 Out there??