Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:05:23 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <derekdrew@DEREKMAIL.COM>
Subject:      NM to or from DC, Driver or Van Wanted or Offered
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

A close friend of mine (40s, instructor) is planning to move from Albuquerque NM this summer to Washington DC to help me out with something.

He wants to drive somebody' van from Albuquerque to Washington DC from Albuquerque.

Another option is that somebody wants to drive a van from Washington DC to New Mexico. If so, they could drive one of my vans there and then John can drive that van back east with his stuff.

So, we are looking for somebody that wants to drive one of my vans from Washington DC to Albuquerque, or who wants to have their van driven to Washington DC.

I suppose we could also buy somebody's van, but John does not plan to keep it, so it would probably need to be a bit of a beater, but reliable mechanically.

I noticed that somebody's van was in an accident recently and was totaled. So, I was thinking that if that van would run, maybe John could drive that one here and then park it in the junk yard.

He told me that he noticed that there was an 80 there, but I told him that this year was not the first year that I would put on a list of vehicles that were known to me to be reliable, and that moreover, the word of a knowledgeable list member on reliability of a vehicle probably meant more than any particular year anyway.

I also told him to run, don't walk, away from a Vanagon entirely if he really wanted to make it to DC, but I told him I would check these things with the list.

All is fine with me here in DC. Still too swamped to be with all my van pals emailing a lot until the fall. I'll be finished with Beijing in the fall.

_______________________________________________ Derek Drew Founder, ConsumerSearch.com Washington DC / Beijing / New York derekdrew@derekmail.com 202-966-7907 (cell) 703-408-1532