Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:25:03 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: What's your after market canvas recommendation?
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>

Got mine through http://www.aabestco.com

Great service, great fit. Acrylic three window in boat cover blue. Paid Kris Knight at Fine Auto Trim in Boise to install. He's done about a thousand of them. In by 9, out by noon. Couldn't be happier.

Why aabestco? When I was looking for blue canvas, they were the ONLY vendor that sent me swatches of the fabric when I asked. Blue was a custom build and two days before my appointment with Kris, I received the package. Canvas in tan. Called aabestco, explained the error and told the young lady that the canvas was going to be installed on schedule and that I would expect a refund of the "custom" surcharge. Instead of an argument, she told me that the right canvas would be installed on schedule. They overnighted the correct canvas and a return label for the wrong one. Was in my hands at 5 pm the next day. No extra charge and no complaints, just an apology and from my perspective, outstanding service.

I strongly suspect that they're a "broker" since they're located on the right coast and the canvas came from the left coast, but, once again, I could not be happier with the customer service I received. Excellent experience. Simply outstanding. Well worth the slight premium over other vendors.

YMMV, but it would really surprise me. Good folks.

Jim