Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:51:51 -0400
From:         "James G. Reed Jones" <jjones04@UOGUELPH.CA>
Subject:      Looking for some advice on used parts and a good mechanic

Hey all,

So two quick questions:

First, I recently realized that my Idle Stabilizer Control Valve wasn't working (no audible humming or vibrations). Upon performing the Bently's checks I think it is actually my Idle Stabilizer Control Unit that is the problem. After doing some checking at the price of these items new I thought I would see if anyone knew of a good place to find these things used. (87 GL, Westy, Automatic, with AC)

I am located in Southwestern Ontario (Guelph Specifically) and if anyone knows of a good junk yard or has a spare lying around their garage that they would be willing to part with I would appreciate the help.

The second question is whether anyone from this area knows of a decent mechanic that knows their way around a vanagon. I have been taking it an hour away for servicing - but have been looking for something more local. I have checked around on various sites but can't find anything very close.

Thanks in advance,

James