Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jul 2008 22:28:02 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Playing "Mechanic Ping-Pong" with my Westy!
Comments: To: Patti Brattan <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>

Stupid mechanic... i just hate them :-)

Have him check the temp light relay under the cluster / left firewall.... or even the cluster itself. Is the temperature ok Pat???

If yes, and the level is fine... drive that baby, nothing wrong will happen, you have an electro-mechanic problem in front.

He pressure tested the radiator??????? what the heck is that???? Ok, maybe it's my English here but i don't follow you, you went for a trany leak and oil leak and he pressure tested the radiator???

Is this guy stupid or what, he need to check the wire continuity from the EX tank sender to up front in the dash, at the junction box in the engine bay, at the relay in the front, swap the cluster to be sure it's not this one. You in CA, come on, it's vanagon land.

Later Vanagon have a coolant light level relay, this one or the wire / connection to this one could be wrong.

Can someone help me here and tell her the # on the relay (i'm at home).

Remember, if the temp needle is fine and if the level is fine in the EXPENSION tank, your ok to go. Put a black tape over that light.

Please, don't take that e-mail to hard, i'm just piss off when i see mechanic like that.

The only real danger Pat is the engine temperature! If the coolant EX tank is fine and stable, drive the van and have fun.

Cheers, Ben http://www.benplace.com/vw2.htm