Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:48:41 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Temperature gage in traffic

My 2.1L converted 84 Westy has a new radiator, new "larger" coolant pipes, and frankly has ran great and cooler then my 1.9L ever did.

The front aux fan works fine by the way, as I've heard it run, and looked at the fan spinning too.

The temp gage typically rides just below the LED when at highway speeds. Yesterday was my first day in traffic, on an 85 degree day.

The needle rose just above the LED while in traffic, and returned to below the LED once rolling again.

Is this normal, or should it sit in the same location, showing that the Aux fan is able to maintain the temperature at a constant?

Thanks,

Jack R.

84 Westy Wolfie, with 2.1L Syncro motor

N. of Detroit