Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:52:00 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Looking for supplier for long grommets used on German canopies
Comments: To: syncrodoublecabs@yahoogroups.com

Hi Folks,

Since I have not found a US outfit who makes replacement canvas for T3 Dokas, I decided to try getting one made locally instead. The main issue now is getting the right hardware. The D-rings and strap for holding the canvas when you roll it up is not problem. The rectangular grommets are another story.

I've seen at least one US vendor who makes canvas for early T1 & T2 Dokas offer these. I am not sure if he sells them separately. He has not decided to build canopies for the T3 yet. Of course, I've also lost his contact info. I tried to find his ad in the Samba w/o success.

Can anyone help?

I am looking to get a canopy done in material similar to those on soft tops used on convertibles. My 2wd Doka is dark gray. The silver/ light gay material used on both my Swedish & German canopies just does not look right on the dark colored vehicle. Looks OK on my white Syncro Doka though.

-- BenT